Lead Consultant – Physical Security Design & Consulting
Do you have at least 7 years’s experience working in a consulting and/or design capacity in the physical security industry?
Do you have a thorough understanding of low voltage engineering, engineering principles, and electronic theory?
Are you located in Florida?
Join a growing company of talented design and engineering professionals with a passion for excellence!
Send your resume, compensation requirements, and a completed application to Careers@TRUSYS.com.
The Lead Consultant is responsible for:
Management & Leadership
- Leads team members by providing direction, support, and training to ensure work is being performed correctly.
- Oversees and reviews the work of assigned team members.
- Responsible for organizing the project efforts with other stakeholders and acts as a single point of contact to administrate the work.
- Manages and continually develops, maintains and supports internal standards and practices. This includes contributing ideas, sharing lessons learned and updating standards regularly and in periodic review meetings.
- Ensures projects are delivered on time and within budget, while exceeding client’s quality standards.
- Interfaces and communicates with internal and external stakeholders including clients, architects, engineers, consultants and designers.
- Works with a team to complete assigned work.
- Logs time allocated to projects in time management system.
- Updates and maintains project statuses using project management system.
- Maintains all client and project data on company servers organized in project folders.
- Maintains certifications, training, and stays current on industry best practices.
- Assists with developing cost estimates for the development of sales proposals, scopes of work, change orders and conceptual planning.
- Supports others to ensure the best techniques and practices are being followed to prepare the deliverables.
- Responsible for customer satisfaction on projects.
- Implements quality assurance program to continuously improve customer satisfaction.
- Follows company processes and methodologies when preparing reports, designs and other documents.
- Responsible for the quality output of the reports and recommendations.
- Perform site assessments for threat analysis, electronic security applications, emergency planning and CPTED.
- Prepare reports and diagrams to communicate the findings of site visits and assessments.
- Recommend appropriate countermeasures for a client’s physical security operation. This may include operational, physical, and electronic countermeasures at their facility or international sites.
- Manage all communication to clients and stakeholders to ensure projects and services are carried out professionally.
- Travel to client site locations and consults, attend meetings, and gathers data about sites for the development of security remediation plans and designs.
- Assist in the development of standards and protocols for security operations.
- Develops conceptual designs including physical and electronic countermeasures.
- Supports consultants, engineers and project managers with identifying and communicating technical requirements in the design documents. This may include various plan views, sections, representations, renderings, modeling, and diagrams.
- Prepares lists and matrices of technical and operational requirements gathered from site visits and incorporates into design documents
- Works with various design and construction documents to make informed and accurate engineering decisions.
- Respond to project related activities, such as changes or variations in the design, answering requests for information, and generally supporting the design and construction process from start to finish.
- Works with complex documentation, drawings and specifications to complete projects.
Required Education & Experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience working in a consulting and/or design capacity in the physical security industry.
- Associates degree in a related technical capacity or a bachelor’s degree in sciences is preferred. Engineering degree is a plus.
- Industry certifications such as PSP, CPP, RCDD and ESS, are preferred but not required.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Proficient with Microsoft products including: Word, Excel, OneNote, Power Point, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, Planner and Skype.
- Able to support and work well with teams of people, as well as independently.
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of low voltage engineering and engineering principles, as well as electronic theory, principles and industry practices.
- Maintains professional level of design and engineering skills.
- Studies industry literature and attends seminars to keep current in products, processes and materials.
- Able to implement QA/QC programs to continuously improve customer satisfaction.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit and Bluebeam are preferred, but not required.
- Able to work from home with limited supervision.
- Able to work varied hours to accommodate clients and colleagues in different time zones, including nights and weekends.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills and able to present and demonstrate work effectively.
- Able to consistently present a professional image when interacting with customers, as well as when interfacing with colleagues.
- Fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Able to write professional reports and professional correspondence.
- Able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Able to compute rates, ratios, and percentages, and draw and interpret bar charts.
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt