TRUSYS Inc. – Bellingham, WA
TRUSYS prepares various design related documents to assist clients with the process of identifying security vulnerabilities and recommends countermeasures that are communicated through reports, designs, and specifications.
TRUSYS has an immediate need for an experienced Staff Accountant who will provide accounting assistance for the finance department in creating accurate and timely financial records, receipt and payment of funds for the organization and other assigned accounting tasks. This position is required to bring strong accounting and QuickBooks knowledge to an international company. The role will encompass AP, Asset Tracking, Payroll, Employee Benefits, General Ledger entries & Reconciliation. Also required is assisting with AR, Accounting Functions and Administrative Duties as assigned.
- Monitors all incoming AP communications via e-mail and phone and takes appropriate action.
- Reviews all incoming AP, obtains appropriate approvals prior to processing invoices.
- Enters AP into accounting system, and maintains receipts in electronic filing system.
- Prepares reports and reviews with Finance Manager to ensure payments are processed accurately and timely and once payment made applies payments to bill’s in accounting system.
- Interfaces with state, local and federal agencies as required.
- Reviews and processes employee expenses for approval and creats PDF for billing customer.
- Will be responsible for accrual of specific expenses, maintain master list or journal entries
- Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and corporate accounts payable files.
- Researches and solves payment discrepancies.
- Prepares payroll reports and payroll input forms, track time off and benefit payments
- Responsible for Foreign VAT Tax Reports
- Maintains the asset and fixed asset list, and conducts inventories annually
- Provides backup assistance to the Finance Manager and Accounts Receivable as noted below
- Create weekly burn rates (weekly hours used) for specific projects identified.
- Create and Issue invoices to customers monthly with hourly resource backup
- Receive all checks in accounting system applying the correct exchange rate when needed for foreign transactions.
- Send out customer statements monthly.
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly.
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits.
Perform and assists in accounting duties as assigned by the Finance Manager including but not limited to:
- Prepare forms, procedures and manuals as needed.
- Interfaces with International accounting and legal partners
- Interfaces with corporate Insurance providers as assigned.
- Liaisons with banks, accountants and attorneys as required.
- Reviews detailed BS and P&L monthly and quarterly for proper account placement of transactions.
- Assists with year-end Tax Return preparation and annual budget
- Performs other admin and accounting duties as assigned
- Sets up semiannual and annual company meetings
- Pickups up and sorts mail for forwarding or scanning
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years Accounting experience
- MS Office software competency required
- QuickBooks proficiency required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and multi-task
- Attention to detail and problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent math skills, including multicurrency and exchange rate calculations
- Results driven with increasing levels of resp
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Bachelor’s
- MS Office Software: 3 years
- Accounting: 3 years
- Quickbooks: 1 year