Project Manager (Security, Consulting and Design)
TRUSYS Inc. – Orlando FL and Fairfax, VA
TRUSYS prepares various design related documents to assist clients with the process of identifying security vulnerabilities and recommends countermeasures that are communicated through reports, designs, and specifications.
TRUSYS has an immediate need for an experienced Security Project Manager to manage multiple projects from inception to completion.
- Leads others by providing direction, support, and training to ensure all team members are performing the work correctly.
- Manage and continually develops, maintains and supports internal standards and practices. This includes contributing ideas, sharing lessons learned and updating standards regularly and in periodic review meetings.
- Make recommendations for additional resources based on Resource Utilization requirements and recruits and interview additional resources when required
- Maintain relationships with prospective candidates, interested in employment or contractors, to ensure we can scale to meet clients’ schedules.
- Support the scope of work, contracting and duties of contracted resources.
- Liaison with clients on project related matters
- Supports project Lead or Engineer as back up when resource is not available.
- Manage relationships with key client accounts to ensure we are meeting client expectations.
- Work with clients to improve our support model in a technical capacity.
- Hold weekly project team meetings to capture progress and updates
- Manage all communication to clients and stakeholders to ensure projects and services are carried out professionally.
- Facilitate team meetings as needed to discuss projects
- Utilize Project Tracking Sheets and Project Management tools to manage project status and progress of projects
- Coordinate with Finance to maintain project statuses in project management system.
- Report on Change Order client approvals
- Monitor requests for additions and deletions from scope and assess cost impacts (e.g. RFI’s, AE/Client request, and other disciplines).
- Prepare fee schedules for new and existing projects which include hour’s estimates for services and travel.
- Participate in proposal/scope of work development as required.
- Develop and execute a quality assurance program for all lead’s deliverables (e.g. RFI responses, Change orders, etc.…)
- Support the team to ensure projects meet the client’s standards
- Provide project oversight to maintain quality of care as it relates to design best practices, BIM standards and engineering principles.
- Ensure that project processes and forms meet the standards set forth by the client.
- Assists with and develops company processes and methodologies for Lead consultants
- 6+ Years working in a design or project delivery capacity in a security, technical, architectural, or engineering capacity.
- Must understand the basic principles of design management.
- Minimum -Associates degree (2 year) in a related technical capacity or Bachelor degree (4 year) in sciences is preferred.
- Engineering a plus.
- Industry certifications are preferred, such as PMP, but not mandatory.
- Proficient with Online project management tools, Microsoft products including Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, and Outlook.
- Ability to support and work with teams of people.
- Deep working knowledge of low voltage engineering and engineering principles
- Able to work from an office or remotely with limited supervision of duties.
- Able to work in an international context with peers operating in different time zones, coming from diverse cultures, and varying standards and norms.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Associate
Required experience: Security Project Management: 6 years