Project Manager – Security Design & Consulting
Do you have project management experience in the physical security design, architecture or engineering field?
Do you have experience in physical security, fire safety or low voltage electrical system design?
Are you located in Florida?
Join a growing company of talented design and engineering professionals with a passion for excellence!
Send your resume and compensation requirements to Careers@TRUSYS.com.
The Project Manager is responsible for:
Management & Leadership
- Leads team members by providing direction, support, and training to ensure work is being performed correctly.
- Manages and continually develops, maintains and supports internal standards and practices. This includes contributing ideas, sharing lessons learned and updating standards regularly and in periodic review meetings.
- Supports the scope of work, contracting and duties of contracted resources.
- Oversees project Leads and Engineers to ensure project milestones are completed on time and supports them when resources are not available.
- Manages relationships with key client accounts to ensure we are meeting client expectations.
- Works with clients to improve our support model in a technical capacity.
- Makes recommendations for training and development of direct reports.
- Recruits and interviews additional resources when required.
- Maintains relationships and networks with prospective candidates or contractors when necessary.
- Ensures projects are delivered on time and within budget, while exceeding client’s quality standards.
- Monitors project status and progress.
- Coordinates resources and projects.
- Schedules and facilitates weekly team meetings to monitor project progress and updates.
- Manages client communication to ensure projects and services are carried out professionally.
- Reports on Change Order client approvals
- Monitors requests for additions and deletions from scope and assesses cost impacts (i.e. RFI’s, AE/client requests, and other disciplines).
- Prepares fee schedules for new and existing projects, including time estimates for services and travel.
- Participates in proposal/scope of work development, as required.
- Develops and executes a quality assurance program for all Lead’s deliverables (i.e. RFI responses, change orders, etc.)
- Supports the team to ensure projects meet the client’s standards.
- Provides project oversight to maintain quality of care as it relates to design best practices, BIM standards and engineering principles.
Required Education & Experience
- Minimum of 6 years’ project management experience in the physical security design, architectural, or engineering field.
- Understanding of basic design management principles.
- Associates degree in a related technical capacity or a bachelor’s degree in sciences is preferred. Engineering degree is a plus.
- Industry certifications such as PSP, CPP, RCDD and ESS, are preferred but not mandatory.
- Must be proficient with project management tools and Microsoft products including Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, and Outlook.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Knowledge of low voltage engineering and engineering principles. Knowledge of security system design, security operations, fire and safety, and voice and data networks are preferred.
- Capable of implementing quality control/assurance methods to continuously improve deliverables and client satisfaction.
- Maintains certifications, attends seminars, and stays current on latest products, processes and materials.
- Ability to telecommute and work remotely with limited supervision of duties.
- Ability to work with peers in different time zones, from different cultures, with varying standards and norms.
- Ability to work varied hours to accommodate international clients.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write professional reports and correspondence, and present work effectively to others.
- Ability to consistently present a professional image with clients and employees.
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
Please email resumes and compensation requirements to: Careers@Trusys.