Physical Security Designer
TRUSYS prepares various design related documents to assist clients with the process of identifying security vulnerabilities and recommends countermeasures that are communicated through reports, designs, and specifications.
TRUSYS has an immediate need for an experienced Physical Security Designer to manage multiple projects from inception to completion.
- Responsible for organizing the design documentation efforts with other designers, engineers, and consultants and acts a single point of contact to administrate the work.
- Continually develops, maintains and supports the TRUSYS Revit, CAD & Design standards. This includes contributing ideas, sharing lessons learned and updating standards regularly and in periodic review meetings.
- Works with a team and independently completes assigned work.
- Logs time allocation ‘hours’ to projects in time management system.
- Updates and maintains project statuses using project management system.
- Maintains organization of all client, project, project and internal activities including documentation, time management, and work.
- Maintains all client and project data on company servers organized in project folders.
- Maintains certifications, training, and stays current on industry best practices.
- Supports cost estimation for the development of sales proposals, scopes of work, and conceptual planning.
- Supports other designers to ensure the best techniques and practices are being followed to prepare the design deliverables.
- Supports consultants, engineers and project managers with identifying and communicating technical requirements in the design documents. This may include various plan views, sections, representations, renderings, modeling, and diagrams.
- Researches equipment data sheets and specifications for security, safety, fire, voice, and data equipment and network components in order to document and communicate accurate installation requirements. Ability to perform limited engineering activities when required.
- Develops various types of conceptual and detailed design documents using standard engineering formats as well as graphical and presentation level formats.
- Interprets lists and matrices of technical and operational requirements prepared by consultants and incorporates into design documents
- Works with various design and construction documents to aid in design and engineering decisions.
- Develops device wiring diagrams for security and related systems devices in accordance with manufacturer with the support of the project engineer.
- Respond to project related activities, such as changes or variations in the design, answering requests for information, and generally supporting the design and construction process from start to finish.
- Uses Autodesk products (AutoCAD and Revit) to prepare designs of small, medium and enterprise level physical and electronic security, safety, fire, voice, and data systems.
- Works with complex documentation, drawings and specifications to complete projects.
- Follows company processes and methodologies when preparing designs.
- Responsible for the quality output of the design plans.
Autocad & Revit
- Responsible keeping current on AutoCAD 2013 and Revit 2013 or higher to facilitate the delivery of 2D and 3D designs.
- Set up sheets in line with Architect’s and Owner’s layout styles providing properly scaled layouts, title blocks, and preloaded information from templates.
- Manage and organize information located in Revit Views, Legends, Schedules, Sheets, Families and Groups; and AutoCAD block libraries, Font and Dimension styles, and other design elements.
- Create 2D line work and 3D massing and annotations to represent the design effectively.
- Populate databases and linked tables used in designs.
- Develops Revit family geometry and parameters and keeps information organized to use in Revit models.
- Draft architectural elements used with or in conjunction with design drawings.
- Performs printing of large format paper, PDF, DWF, and other electronic formats.
Required education and experience
- Must have a minimum of 5 years working with AutoCAD and Revit
- Must have 3+ Years working in a design capacity in the Physical Security, Fire & Safety Protection, Low Voltage and/or Electrical design.
- Minimum -Associates degree (2 year) in a related technical capacity or Bachelor degree (4 year) in sciences.
- Industry certifications are preferred, such as RCDD, but not mandatory.
Knowledge skills and abilities
- Proficient in Autodesk products including AutoCAD 2013 and higher, Revit MEP 2013 and higher, Autodesk Design Review, Adobe Acrobat, and Bluebeam.
- Proficient with Microsoft products including Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio. And Outlook.
- Working knowledge of security system design and the fundamentals of security operations, fire and safety, and voice and data networks.
- Strong communication skills and ability to present and demonstrate work effectively to others and clients.
- Able to work from home and in an office independently with limited supervision of duties.
- Able to work in an international context with peers operating in different time zones, coming from diverse cultures, and varying standards and norms.
- Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Job Type: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Interested candidates email resumes to Careers@Trusys.